Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Cruising'

"Cruising"
12X16
Oil on Masonite Panel
Available
Click on Picture to enlarge the view!

Contact to Purchase

I've been working on this one for the better part of two weeks. I know that sounds like a long time, but if you have been following my blog, you know that I am now very time challenged with the care of my elderly father. This has become nearly a full time job, so.....I am not giving up, just trying to keep up. And this is a bigger painting than I have been working on lately. I hope you will enjoy it!

Anyway, this scene is from this past summer's trip to Blowing Rock. As my husband and I enjoyed some gorgeous weather and walks around Bass Lake and the lake at the park in the middle of town, I carried my camera and took some shots as we walked. This was at the lake in town. Two very nice Mallards came by to greet us as we stood by the lake. I know Mallards are as common as dirt, at least where we live....but I like them nonetheless. They are sweet natured and only wish to hang out...cruising on a beautiful summer's day.

No comments: