Monday, December 29, 2008

Rolling Hills Over Farmland

"Rolling Clouds Over Farmland"
6X6
Oil on Gessoed Panel
Available

Contact to Purchase

Warming up with a small and simple landscape. This is one of those scenes that grabs you as you are driving along on the North Carolina roads. Red clay, green trees, and blue skies...and with luck, some really pretty clouds crossing the horizons. Having been away from my brushes for a couple of weeks has not done my skills any good whatsoever. Couldn't be helped, but now I hope the path is cleared somewhat and I can get back to it. Of course there is the task of putting up the ornaments and getting the house finished with the holidays and ready for the New Year. And the ever present care of the "ancient one."

One of my personal challenges for the New Year is to tackle my phobia of doing landscapes. I've been studying them over the holiday and having long hard talks with myself on the subject. I intend to conquer this thing and just plunge forward. I do still plan some still lives and animals, too....so it looks like we're in for a mix of different genre this coming year. In other words, you never know what you are going to get at Painted Plums. Hopefully, you'll find something you really really like!

2 comments:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

This a real beauty Cheryl, wonderful work!!

Jeffrey

Cheryl Pass said...

Thanks Jeffery....!! Landscape is my big challenge..so I appreciate your comment!