Saturday, August 07, 2010

Carolina Wren

"Carolina Wren"
8X8
Oil on Canvas Panel
SOLD
Click on image for a larger view.

Hi all...finally back to painting, gratefully.
My dear husband loves to feed our backyard birds. Which, in turn, brings them in droves, which gives me lots of inspiration. In fact, just this morning there was a family of Carolina Wrens just outside my studio door, twittering and flitting about in the boxwoods and making me happy. Their little tails are so perky and I love the racing stripe across their heads. All of that made me cheerful as I painted this little one. Hope you like him...or her, as the case may be.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that little guy! He looks so hopeful and anticipatory, just like a child... Beautiful colors too!

Dean H. said...

Beautifully done, Cheryl!
Love the jaunty wren tail. A happy painting.

Cheryl Pass said...

Thanks, Katherine and Dean both! We can use a little "happy" about now, eh? This one made me smile, too. Hope you guys had a good weekend!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Love that Carolina Wren. Such a happy painting.

Becky Joy said...

Beautiful painting. Wonderful variations in the color.