Sunday, January 23, 2011

Carolina Wren II - Sweet Tweet

"Carolina Wren II
8X10
Oil on Linen Panel
©Cheryl A. Pass
SOLD

Click on image to enlarge the view.

The local, annual, Nature Show is coming up in one month at the Schiele Museum of Natural History. It's never hard to come up with subject matter for this show, especially if you love the natural world around us as I do. I painted a Carolina Wren last year and loved painting it. Happily, it was bought immediately. I had taken lots of pictures of these little darlings since they hop about out back feeders and bushes all year round. I also went looking for other reference photos to help me figure out a background for this one.

I'm having to back-track on the paragraph below....Donna emailed me immediately to say she wanted this painting, so I am just going to have to come up with something else for the Schiele Show and put this one aside for her. She's a very sweet collector of my work, and had asked me for a Carolina Wren last year...so it is her's! Now I'll have to speed up and get one done for the show!

There is a lady who wished me to do one for her.....so Donna, if you are reading this, I have not forgotten you. I need something to put in this show for now, but if it doesn't sell from there, you will have first dibs on it. If it does sell, I promise I will do another one just for you!

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

Wow...how sweet is that? A quick sale for a super painting. I love Carolina Wrens.
Looking forward to the replacement painting.

Cheryl Pass said...

Hi Dean! Me, too. They are so cute and sing such a happy tune! We are lucky to have them come to our backyard!

Now the pressure is on. Do I try to replicate this one? I can never do the same exact thing twice. Or do I try another pose? Yikes!