Saturday, February 10, 2018


Teddy, the Wonder Dog. Teddy is 13 yrs. old now and a bit grayer than this painting shows him. I've had some pictures of him for quite a while and spent a lot of time thinking about which one to use and how I wanted to paint him. I think he is a "Wonder Dog" because he has traveled far and wide, being the dog of an Air Force officer and his family. He was a gift to my son from his wife when they lived in Colorado. Teddy went to New Mexico after that, th
en was fostered for two years in North Carolina while my son and family were on assignment to South Korea. Next it was Alabama, then to D.C., then to Finland, then to the Netherlands, and now back to D.C. That's 7 moves in 13 yrs. And he lived through it all! To me, that's a wonder!

This portrait of Teddy is a Valentine gift for my son and his wife and children.
11X14 Oil on Linen Panel 

No comments: