Friday, February 16, 2007

Daily Painting Watercolor, "The Littlest Clown"

"The Littlest Clown"
3X4
Watercolor on Paper
Licensing Collection

This is pretty much how I feel today. I finished the calligraphy and all of the little meal cards. Spent two solid days on that project, glad to be finished with it, and now I have no oil painting to sell and am wondering why I do such silly things. Few people really want to pay for the time and expertise it takes to do calligraphy, unless it's the White House Correspondence Office, and I'm not THAT good. I'm good, but not THAT good. This project was gratis anyway and done for a good friend. It's a great skill to have and I do love to do it, but can't say it has kept me in clover. Sometimes the occasional wedding project will come up when you spend days addressing envelopes. Those envelopes eventually get thrown away. Ugh.

I've thought about becoming Cyrano De Bergerac, writing love letters with my beautiful hand in calligraphy and, at least then, some love-struck recipient is likely to keep the hard work I've done in a treasure chest for the rest of their life. What do you think?

No comments: