Tuesday, September 30, 2008

'Preening Lady Duck'

"Preening Lady Duck"
6X6
Oil on Masonite
Available

Contact to Purchase

I don't know if this is a quirk or something typical of artistic temperment, but when I am painting certain subjects, I seek allegory as I paint them. Does she have a Saturday date for a swim with a handsome Drake? Or is she merely picking at a bug in her feathers? Whichever it is, I also ask myself, "Where would this painting fit into someone's life?" Would you place it in a dressing room where it would remind you of primping? Or do you love ducks and would put it out with a collection of them? Would you give it to a friend with a card that says, "I hope things are just ducky!"

Silly artist....just thinking up reasons for someone else to love a painting that I enjoyed creating. I hope you like her. And I hope things are "just ducky" for you today!!
Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Cheryl Ratcliff said...

I love your duck! Great job!

Cheryl Pass said...

From one Cheryl to another...:-)
Thanks tons....I'm so glad you came to take a look and like her.