Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Acorn Thief


"Nutkin"
9X12
Oil on Canvas
Available
Click on Image to Enlarge the View.

Contact to Purchase

I must admit I'm feeling a little nuts lately, so I guess this is an appropriate subject reflecting my state of mind. This little guy represents all of those little rascals running around and having fun in my backyard. I am lucky enough to have some really big Oak trees....so the natural habitat is terrific for these guys. Some people find them to pains in the neck, but I just think they are acrobatic entertainment. Admittedly, an occasional raid of the birdseed in our garage is not helpful and they do dig up my pansies on occasions. But that's the price for entertainment...eh? Honestly, I do think they are cute and glad to have them happy here.

2 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

I am so glad to have found your blog. I really like your painting style. Well done!

Cheryl Pass said...

Thanks for visiting, Leslie! I took the opportunity to look at your blog and your knife paintings are gorgeous!!
Mutual admiration! Hope you'll stay in touch!