Monday, March 05, 2007

Daily Painting Furniture Decoration, "Cabinet Detail"

"Robin Detail"
and below: "Squirrel Nutkin Detail"



































This is an example of "making your mark" wherever you are. We needed a hanging cabinet. My husband is the adept carpenter with all of the tools...I'm married to the "This Old House" kind of guy and Norm Abrams is our hero!! Lucky me!! Well, the cabinet was made, but it was just a plain wooden hulk and you know the artist here can't have that. So out came the stain, and the paint, and the varnish. I really did have fun with it and it turned out to be just the thing where we needed it. This art is on the panel doors and the tree continues around the cabinet on the sides. I haven't been able to get a really good picture of the total cabinet. (I get a glare from the flash and it just doesn't seem to want to be photogenic.) Anyway, here are some details from it. I really loved the way the wood grain came through in the background. And since you know I live in the middle of Oak trees and, of course, the company of lots of pesky squirrels, this seemed to be the right theme for our house. No comments about nuts, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it in person! I can just imagine how good it looks!

Roxanne Steed said...

aww!!! that is soo neat! A friend back in VA had little vignettes like this painted around her house - it was very "British isles- cottage style - and so cool! I'd love to see a picture of the cabinet (if you're able to get a shot!). Love it!