Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Daily Painting Floral Still Life, "Yellow Vase"


Detail

"Yellow Vase"
12X22
Oil on Board
Artist's Collection

Click to enlarge

One more before I take off to tend to my Dad. Believe it or not, this is a painting that acts as a disguise for our breaker box. You know, those ugly gray metal things that look like some ugly hardware on the wall in some inconvenient spot that is impossible to decorate around. My solution was to have that adorable "Norm Abram" type guy I am married to make a door frame around the breaker box and, voila, we have something gorgeous to look at!! (Another option would be to use a chalk board to put inside the frame and then you have something very useful)

The art tip I wanted to point out here, too, is how some paintings offer so much more than just the original composition. There are paintings within paintings. Lately I have been noticing this more and more. I seem to finish a painting and then notice a particular area that could be a painting on its own. One smaller spot that is simpler usually and that is what I am meaning to show you here with the Detail picture above.

No comments: