Friday, April 27, 2007

Daily Painting Floral, "Blue Irises"


"Blue Irises"
10X13
Oil on Gessoed Board
Available

This painting is a really great example of why I am not a plein air painter. When I took the photo the wind was blowing, for one thing. For another, this is the end of three sessions of some variable hours each. I'd be dead (and so would the flowers) before I would get this standing outside waiting for the wind to stop blowing. And do you think the sun would even stay in one place..ha ha ha. Just mention the word "chiggers" and I start itching. Leaves and dirt in my paints? Don't think so. (dog hair is the only extraneous material I allow.) Other people around watching me struggle over how much red to put in the blue? Not happening folks!! You'll just have to imagine me with my paint brushes and pulling my hair out over where to put this stem and that flower.
So to all of you plein air folk out there, hats off to you! You've gone where angels fear to tread and really deserve a big glass of red tonight.

No comments: