Monday, October 15, 2007

Daily Painting, "Old Brown"

"Old Brown"
5X7
Oil on Gessoed Board

The miniature show is coming up. I'm not sure this scale is quite small enough, but he was on my agenda to paint, so this is the attempt. As some of you know, those who read my blog, this gorgeous creature visited out backyard this past summer. He landed just outside my studio and stayed there for almost twenty minutes while he tried to find his midnight snack. We think Mr. Toad was the mark, but he didn't show up, so Old Brown finally gave up and took to the trees again. We certainly enjoyed his presence. For years we have heard the owls in the trees at night, but have rarely gotten even a glimpse of them. This was quite a reward for us. :-)

Now I'll be looking for the right frame for him and get him ready for the show.

No comments: