Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Daily Painting Still Life, "Dahlia & Bud"


"Dahlia & Bud" 5X7
Oil on Masonite
Available from the artist
Email Me







Still have my head in the garden.

This was the first time painting oil on archival masonite. Hmmm. Good point is, I don't get that underlying grid from the linen. The paint slides around a lot more and seems more painterly in effect. Both the linen and the hardboard have their attributes. The difficulty is finding really fine linen, so I may use this archival masonite a bit more often. I have used it before for acrylics when I needed very tight line work.

My daughter keeps telling me to "loosen up." I tell her I don't drink enough wine to be "loose." She says I'm too precise.."Loosen up, Mom!" "Slap that paint on there and don't worry about it!" Anybody want a drink?

Maybe the oil on masonite will work wonders!

No comments: