Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'Riverside Cramerton Park'



"Riverside Cramerton Park" / Cropped Version
Oil on Canvas Panel


O.K. Trying to save face...I first posted the entire painting and absolutely hate the thing so much that I decided to just take the part of the painting I really like and ditch the rest...so what you are seeing here is just a part of a painting. The big version is just awful. Maybe just a bad composition on the whole...but this part works, so I am going to make an effort to start over and just do a painting with this view.
This was from a "plein air" outing that was organized by an art guild friend a few weeks ago. More than twenty artists arrived at the park to paint. I don't paint "plein air," so I came to take photographs and observe. The day was horribly hot and, after sweating for more than two hours, I decided to head home. My favorite part of the whole painting is the reflecting of trees in the water, so that is what I am showing here.
I am determined to get past this landscape block I have!!
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Connie said...

I think it's beautiful...I don't know why you think you can't paint landscapes. I think your style works so well with any subject matter.