Saturday, June 30, 2007

Daily Painting Still Life, "Queen's Cup with Strawberries"



"Queen's Cup with Strawberries"
5X9
Oil on Gessoed Board
Artist's Collection
Click on picture to enlarge it.

It's Wimbledon week!!! What more could you ask for but a bit of great tennis, some strawberries in a bowl, and a spot of tea with the Queen? Go for it!!

These are some more of my mother's dishes. The little bowl is ironstone with a tea leaf design in the center of it...covered up by the strawberries. The cup...is a gilded demitasse that she had for as long as I can remember. It's gorgeous. It honestly looks worthy of the Queen. I doubt anyone in my family ever drank from it. It's too pretty. I don't think I could ever do it justice in a painting, but it was fun trying and probably I will attempt it again in another still life at some point.

Now go watch Wimbledon and enjoy!

No comments: