Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Daily Painting, Framing Matters

One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready....

As I mentioned previously, there is a local guild show coming up. I've spent some time the last few days agonizing over which pieces to enter. My husband had his say in the matter, as did several other family members. And here are the three we collectively decided upon. The Peony is the largest. It is 16X12. The Hydrangeas is 9X12. And the Apple...entitled "Sustenance" is 8X10.

These are standard sizes, and standard is what I generally try to adhere to in order to make framing an easier matter. Framing can be expensive and I spend a great deal of time and effort to find the best frames I can find at affordable prices. (affordable prices being subjective.) I love frames. I could eat them up if they are nice ones. It is actually fun to search them out. More fun when I find the ones I like. I have the curse my mother used to call, "Champagne taste on a beer budget." So that makes it even more challenging. I have to say though, that a frame can make or break the painting. The wrong frame can just wreck the look, deaden the colors, or flatten it to death. But the right one can enhance, brighten, and give the painting more depth. It's so great when you find the right one!!! Don't give up until you do it right. It's like the icing on the cake..... :-)

No comments: