Thursday, September 13, 2007

Daily Painting Portrait, "Ella at Three" In Progress



"Ella at Three" In Progress
16X12
Oil on Linen Panel

Click on either picture to enlarge them.
Excuse the glare from the wet paint.

Well, I think I am finally getting there. Her face has been erased three times over all and today I think I figured out what has been wrong. The photo I am working from has a dark shadow across her right side. (our left) It looks grey and added so much incoherent shadow that I have been having to guess about the colors. Once I figured that out I was able to start over with much lighter and warmer shadowing. Now I am on to the rest of the painting....
And hopefully this painting will get done before Ella turns thirty or I collapse from the effort!! :)
Stay tuned.... Also...I am noticing lately that when I upload these photos on Blogger the colors are washing out some. Have no idea why. It could possibly be due to the wet paint glare...but anyway, the colors in this are brighter than you see here.

No comments: