Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Daily Painting Portrait, "Ella at Three" In Progress

"Ella at Three" In Progress
16X12
Oil on Linen Panel

Click on the picture to enlarge it...but this one is a bit blurry. Sorry.

Still at it...
I have spent the better part of the last few days trying to recapture the face I lost when I tanned her skin too much last week. I don't think it's quite there yet..but it's starting to look somewhat better. This has been a very aggravating process...and I am regretting I acted on advice from others to "warm up" the shadows on her face. Let that be a lesson to me. (though I am sure it was well intentioned. :) )
The color on each person's monitor is different. I need to remember that when people respond. And the variations in lighting when taking the picture of the painting affects things also. In point, this rendition looks duller than the actual painting. I am hoping that when the painting is finished I will be able to get a really good picture of it for the blog.
Back to it...like a possessed mad woman... I am painting on her for hours each day and hope to bring her to life.
To those other artists who have experience in portrait painting watching this progress, please keep in mind that this is the first oil portrait I have ever attempted.

No comments: