Monday, November 20, 2006

Blue Ribbon Cow














This painting was in a previous post....this photo doesn't do justice to the colors. You can see a better version of the painting on the October 20th posting. I don't every day get a chance to make a point about being an "award winning" artist...it's not the sort of thing you go around saying to people. Like, "Hey there, I am an award winning artist!" For one thing, I find it's all in the subjective opinions of judges. Eye of the beholder and all that. For another thing, as an artist, I find the process of painting very humbling. It's not as easy as it looks. I am always thinking to myself,...well, it took God seven days to create this entire universe we enjoy (evolutionary theories aside for a moment), and it takes me days to attempt to paint one small piece of it. If you want to be amazed at creation, just try to draw or paint one leaf, one flower, one person, one "oreo" cow.

Anyway, I won a blue ribbon!

No comments: