Monday, November 27, 2006

Daily Painting Landscape, "Bohicket Drive"


Detail view of "Bohicket Drive"















"Bohicket Drive"
8X10
Oil on Canvas
Commissioned by the Owner
Click on picture to enlarge


Does it count if someone in the family commissions a painting for a Christmas present?

My in-laws used to live at Seabrook, in South Carolina. The last part of the drive is through a tunnel of gorgeous live oaks and, on a day such as this one, the sun streams through the trees and makes your heart skip with anticipation of the beauty you are approaching. My husband took a picture through the windshield of the car and this was the sight on the way. Now when I look at it, I can just imagine driving along in a little red sports car to Seabrook for the weekend.

My father-in-law passed away and my mother-in-law had to move closer to children for safe keeping, but she pines for the days they lived at Seabrook. She asked for a painting from me for her Christmas present this year.....so this is what I came up with. I hope when she looks as this painting she will remember the drive and the good life she had there.

No comments: