Thursday, November 16, 2006

Daily Painting Pet Portrait, "Butte"


"Butte" 11X14
Oil on Linen Panel
Commissioned by the Owner

This is the dog with "the eyes!!!" He is a mix between Golden Retriever and Malamute or Australian Shepherd....and a very good dog he is. A husband commissioned this painting for his wife's birthday. I had the delicious fun of being invited to the party and unveiling the painting for her. This being the first experience of that kind for me, I was just a bit nervous and when pulling the veil I realized I had placed the painting upside down. Can you imagine my red face?? In front of a room full of anxiously waiting friends?? I quickly turned it upright and begged for another glass of wine....


All ended well. I think she was surprised and pleased. He looks great in the frame!

No comments: