Friday, January 12, 2007

Daily Painting Abstract Still Life, "Guitar"


"Guitar"
9X12
Watercolor
Private Collection











Still in the middle of the apple project....
This "Guitar" is a rare piece for me. Not because it is watercolor, but because it is probably the most 'modern' and slightly 'abstract' piece I have ever done. It was done some time ago. It was for a young man who is an accomplished guitarist and this was done as a present for him. It was fun to do.....always pushing the envelope and stretching the imagination.
Hope you have music in your life today!!

3 comments:

Lin said...

I LOVE THIS!! So playful and joy-filled!! LOVELY!!!!!

William K. Moore said...

Love this piece. Mastery of the watercolor is apparent. Good balance and rythm make for a great work. Hope to see more of this.

Chris Ousley said...

I am a keyboard man and I like this painting. I was born in Charlotte. I love the mountains of NC.