Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Daily Painting, "Apples and Pewter" In Progress

"Apples and Pewter"
12X9
Oil on Raymar Panel
In Progress


Sometimes you just do one to challenge yourself...and this one is one of those for me. I think metals are difficult to paint. The idea is to paint what you see...get the reflections right. I've seen paintings of metal that look very real, and that can be wonderful. In this case, I am hoping for real, yet expressionistic a bit. In other words, I'm hoping to throw some life into the still life by emphasizing colors and not smoothing out the brush strokes too much. This photo really lacks the brilliance of actual color due to some glare, so tomorrow I'll try to capture it better with the camera. Meanwhile, here is the start of it. Stay tuned....

No comments: