Friday, December 08, 2006

Daily Painting Floral Still Life, "Antique Pansies"

"Antique Pansies
5X7
Oil on Linen Panel
Price $120.00
Contact Me
Click to enlarge








One of the great things about living in North Carolina is that we can have pansies all winter long. October comes and I head to the garden shop for the best ones I can find. The last couple of years our closest garden shop has had this antique variety that is just so extraordinary...subtle colors and a softness that the regular ones just don't have. I really do think they are beautiful. So tonight after dinner I ran out to my pots and cut some for this little painting. I think this is about as French impressionistic as I have ever gotten....which is saying something since I normally sit there trying to draw every vein. Ten thirty came and I said, "That's it." "Viva la France!"

No comments: