Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Daily Painting Portrait, "Ella at Three" In Progress

"Ella at Three" In Progress
16X12
Oil on Linen Panel

Click on pictures to enlarge them.

Alot of glare on this...refer to the detail picture below to get a better idea of color and quality. Still tweaked a bit of her face today. Worked on her hair and the chair and her right arm (on the left of the painting). I am surprising myself at how long this is taking me. I tend to be slow and deliberate anyway, but the nuances in her skin tones are causing me to rework and blend and rework again and again. This reminds me of that poem..."only God can make a tree." Well, only God can make a person so unique and difficult to capture. I'll be at it again tomorrow. :) I'm getting anxious to get it finished.
Stay tuned!


Detail

No comments: