Sunday, March 02, 2008

Daily Painting, "Daffodils" In Progress

"Daffodils" In Progress
14X12
Oil on Board


Red clay and rocks may not be good for growing a lot of things, but I have lived here for nearly 24 years and every year the daffodils are faithful and trustworthy. They have multiplied and so has my appreciation for them. There are three or four different varieties, some yellow, some white, some yellow and white, and some just white. There is one kind that I think is called Narcissus that has double white petals and has the fragrance of heaven itself. In spite of frosts and weird weather, this year they are prolific as ever. I have often in years past urged myself to attempt a painting of them. Last year I did just one daffodil reclining on a cloth. This year's attempt, as you can see, is going to be just as I see them among the rocks and the red clay...making me smile, year after year. :-)
More on this as I go along....excuse the shadow....I am bone crunching tired and didn't have time to set up the photo any more than what you see.

No comments: