Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Daily Painting, "Van Gogh's Landscape" Interpretation


"Van Gogh's Landscape"
16X40
Acrylic on Foam Board
Sign for an Art Guild Project

You may click on the picture to enlarge it for viewing.

Well, I've been side tracked from working on a still life that I began last week. There is an Art Guild fund raising project coming up and I was enlisted to create some fun signs for catching people's attention. The few of us who are doing this are each working on our own and coming up with our own ideas, though each sign has a word to celebrate some form of art, This is the first of two. I chose to recreate one of Van Gogh's landscapes, taking elements of his and stretching them across the 40 inches as best as I could.... and then I hand lettered the word across the top of the sign. The next one I will begin tomorrow and it is based on Still Life. Not sure yet how I will interpret that. It has taken a couple of days working on the floor of my studio to get this one done....and my back is definitely feeling the effects. But I have to say, it has been fun to study the madman / genius Van Gogh and appreciate his use of color and loose brushwork even more than ever. Really fun!!!

No comments: