Sunday, April 06, 2008

Daily Painting, "Easter Egg Radishes"


"Easter Egg Radishes"
9X12
Oil on Linen Raymar Panel
Available

Please click on either picture for a larger view.


To re-cap, I bought these beautiful radishes from a very lovely young farmer's wife at the local Farmer's Market last year with every intention of painting them. (as opposed to eating them...artist's do that....buy food just for painting it, silly us!!) Well, as usual, life gets in the way of spontaneous explosions of painting, and I ended up setting them up in a still life so I could get to them even if they collapsed from age. Sure enough, it has taken me many months, but here they are!!! Worth the wait and fun to paint!!

The farmer's wife told me they were called "Easter Egg Radishes" for their size, shapes and colors. I had never heard of this before, but I do think they are gorgeous. I did throw in the smaller red one for bright contrast.

Detail of "Easter Egg Radishes"

2 comments:

sandy said...

Cheryl, these are gorgeous!

sandy

Cheryl Pass said...

Sandy,
To make a pun, Sandy, thanks a "bunch!"
Makes me excited to go back to our farmer's market when it opens!!