Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Daily Painting, "Speedo" Underpainting

Acrylic Underpainting of "Speedo"
16X12

I don't normally do this much underpainting, but I have only had time to use some acrylics lately, so I just am trying to get some values and correct placement so far on this one. I am going to have to adjust from the photo to get rid of some ghost shadows, too. The fun part is that, on this very black cat, the light from the lamp on the left of Speedo is gold and the light on the right of him is light blue/grey.

2 comments:

Mary Rogers said...

Saw your reference picture earlier, it's a gorgeous cat! I'm sure this will be beautiful with the lighting.

Cheryl Pass said...

Thanks, Mary, for your vote of confidence! I'll be back to Speedo after I finish the radishes!! So glad you stopped by...
:-)