Saturday, March 10, 2012

Elysianne's Sign


Acrylic on Canvas
10X20
© Cheryl A. Pass
NFS

I haven't posted for a while for a whole lot of reasons. I also haven't painted anything for a while and that is for a lot of reasons. But what could make me get back to it, but an adorable little 3 yr. old grand-daughter? When her older siblings came along, I painted signs for over their beds. One was for Ella who got a Mother Goose flying across with a banner and her name. Then came Bennett who got a Beefeater Bear carrying a banner with his name. These signs have been hanging over their beds...and here is Elysianne, already 3 and I had not accomplished her sign until now. Sometimes it takes some time to figure out what would be the right motif for someone. She is a bit of an imp, cute as the dickens, and once in a while knows how to be a real grouch. (who doesn't?) So as I thought about Elysianne, I thought about what would make her cheerful if ever the grouch shows up again. Or just something that would always make her happy when she looked at it. I hope she likes bluebirds and rabbits and flowers. She is a darling. I'm going to personally deliver this at the end of the month. We'll see if she likes it...

Meanwhile, I hope the spell is broken and I can get back to more painting. It is never off of my mind...even when I'm slammed doing other things.
Cheers! And thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Paintings said...

Just found your blog and hope to see more great stuff from you this year!