Thursday, August 30, 2007

Daily Painting Portrait, "Ella at Three" In Progress

"Ella at Three" In Progress
16X12
Oil on linen panel
Click on the picture to enlarge it

The goal today was to make the girl smile...seriously. That may sound silly, but yesterday's work made her look so pained that all I thought about last night was correcting that. Will be working more on her hair tomorrow and start on her arms and the dress. The bear in her lap is Paddington Bear and I am looking forward to painting him. He will, no doubt, be the easiest part of the whole painting. If anyone wants to know, so far I have about 8 to 9 hours in Ella's painting. Which I have to say, is more time than I have spent with her since last Christmas. She lives far away so I only get to see her about once or twice a year. While I am painting her I am consoling myself by looking at that sweet darling face.
More tomorrow..

No comments: