Sunday, August 05, 2007

Daily Painting Still Life, "Black Shoes & Pearls


"Black Shoes & Pearls"
8X10
Oil on Gessoed Board
Available from the artist
Click on Picture to Enlarge

I could have titled this so many different ways. From the last post, as you may have read, I could have called this, "Just Stepped Out."

And then I look at it as, "Basic Necessities." (every female has to have black shoes and pearls...it's a rule!) I actually do have the kind with high heels... you know, the "Hi, I'm hot!" kind. But these are the ones to get me through when the event requires standing for long periods of time. There is a phrase, 'casual elegance,' that I have always thought sounds like one just stepped out of a Ralph Lauren advertisement. In my dreams....
Well, anyway, here are my 'casually elegant' shoes. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoy wearing them.

No comments: